Overwhelming open-source community support reaches 20,000 stars on GitHub
CAMPBELL, Calif., Dec. 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — TDengine, an open-source, cloud-native time-series database (TSDB), today announced significant company achievements and growth in 2022, demonstrating the importance of and increased demand for open-source big data solutions. Notable achievements of 2022 include doubling its paid enterprise customer base, releasing three new products, and achieving a major milestone of 20,000 stars on GitHub.
“Over the last year, we have cultivated an incredible community and prioritized innovating our solutions to help community members get the most out of their data in the simplest way,” said Jeff Tao, founder and CEO of TDengine. “I’m confident that TDengine will continue to be a trusted partner in the rising time-series database market and will grow to help even more developers and enterprises address the challenges of modern data storage, management, and processing.”
2022 highlights include:
- Open Source Growth
- The TDengine repository on GitHub reached 20,000 stars this year and has been forked over 4,500 times.
- TDengine has been installed over 175,000 times across the globe.
- Among all open-source time-series databases, TDengine ranked third in stars and first in pull requests and issues, according to OSS Insight, and had the sixth-most stars, pull requests, and issues of any open-source database.
- TDengine 3.0 rearchitected the purpose-built time-series database into a cloud-native simplified solution for time-series data.
- TDengine Cloud built further on the strong foundation of TDengine 3.0 to provide its rich feature set and industry-leading performance as a serverless fully managed cloud service.
- TDengine PI Connector extended the reach of the TDengine Data Platform to industry customers, offering a hybrid solution for digital transformation that leverages existing investment in traditional data historians while opening the door to modern data analytics and visualization tools.
- Awards and Recognition
- The Information listed TDengine as one of the Top 50 Most Promising Startups 2022.
- TDengine was a finalist in the DevOps Dozen 2022, 2022 Tech Trailblazer Awards, and the 2022-23 Cloud Awards. In The Noonies 2022 awards, TDengine was runner-up in the “Best Open Source Project” category.
- TDengine entered the top 10 most popular time-series databases as ranked by DB-Engines.
With multiple innovative products released over the past year, TDengine is well-positioned to resolve common data management and storage pain points for IoT, IIoT, and other customers while reducing database TCO going forward. The company plans to expand hiring and continue releasing new products and editions in the coming year.
To learn more about TDengine, visit our website.
About TAOS Technology
TDengine™ is a popular open-source data platform purpose-built for time-series data. With over 20,000 stars on GitHub and hundreds of new deployments daily, TDengine is used in more than 50 countries worldwide. The company has raised $70M in venture capital, including a $47M 2021 series B round from MatrixPartners China, Sequoia Capital China, GGV Capital, and Index Capital. Learn more at tdengine.com.
Press Contact: email@example.com