Operating with siloed data won’t provide your company’s next competitive advantage. Fortunately, collecting and aligning data from multiple sites - each with unique systems and admins - no longer has to be a challenge.
Create a single dashboard to review global operations, with the flexibility to zero in on an individual site or a single turbine. This unified worldview provides better understanding of the drivers of your operation’s performance, and easily identify outliers in the data.
- Simple configuration - Just provide a list of tags or AF Element Templates to backfill or stream in real time. For multiple sites, install multiple connectors and apply a prefix to tag names for context.
- Connection opportunities - You name it: MQTT, OPC-UA, OPC-DA and more.
The future of IIoT is open - to get the best thinking, companies need to share data within internal stakeholders, industry consultants and partners with AI expertise. TDengine for PI System allows you to choose exactly what to share, and when, with fine-tuned privileges that provide access to a specific instance, database, or SQL query.
With data subscriptions, applications can receive automatic updates, making it easier to process data in the order events occur.
- Eliminates the need to continuously query the database or deploy Kafka.
- Partners get notifications as soon as the data is received, simplifying time series data processing without an additional messaging queue solution.
At its core, TDengine is a high-performance, scalable data historian. With its unique storage engine, it provides a high data ingestion rate, high data compression ratio, and low query latency. Native distributed design allows the platform to support up to one billion data collection points without performance deterioration. With its multi-tier storage design, you can cut storage costs further without sacrificing performance.
TDengine simplifies analytics with standard SQL with time series extensions, and stream processing for real time insights.
Easily integrate a range of third party solutions, including BI tools and the latest providers of ML-enabled analytics. Data sharing controls ensure they’re only working with the data you’ve assigned.
- Customize your visualizations with Grafana, Google Data Studio or other products.
How It Works
TDengine for PI System uses the AF SDK to query historical data from the PI Data Archive, set up PI and AF data pipes for streaming data, and connect to PI AF to query the AF structure. It also creates the corresponding tables and writes this data over a secure RESTful API to TDengine Cloud.
The TDengine Data Reference is an AF Custom Data Reference that queries data within TDengine and allows users to interact with TDengine as though it were a PI Point within the PI Data Archive. In this way, TDengine data can be used alongside PI data in PI Vision.