TDengine is a next generation data historian purpose-built for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT. It enables real-time data ingestion, storage, analysis, and distribution of petabytes per day, generated by billions of sensors and data collectors. With TDengine making big data affordable and accessible, digital transformation has never been easier.
- ODBC support: The TDengine Client for Windows now includes an ODBC driver. You can integrate TDengine with applications that support ODBC, such as Power BI. For more information, see ODBC.
- (TDengine Enterprise only) Improved observability of
COMPACToperations: You can now view the status of data defragmentation tasks and can stop unfinished tasks if desired. For more information, see the TDengine Enterprise documentation.
- You can deploy TDengine Enterprise 22.214.171.124 on mainstream Linux distributions, macOS, and Windows.
- You can deploy TDengine OSS Server 126.96.36.199 on mainstream Linux distributions and macOS.
- You can deploy TDengine OSS Client 188.8.131.52 on mainstream Linux distributions, macOS, and Windows.
You can also run TDengine in Kubernetes or in Docker containers. See Supported Platforms for details about the compatibility of TDengine 184.108.40.206 with various architectures and operating systems.
Note: You must upgrade existing clients to TDengine 220.127.116.11 before connecting to a TDengine 18.104.22.168 server.
Upgrading to TDengine 22.214.171.124
Upgrading TDengine OSS
You can upgrade TDengine OSS to version 126.96.36.199 from version 188.8.131.52 or later.
To upgrade TDengine OSS, first back up your deployment by making a copy of the TDengine directory. After verifying that your deployment has been backed up, install TDengine 184.108.40.206 as described in the official documentation. It is not necessary to uninstall TDengine before upgrading.
Note: If you have deployed TDengine as a cluster, you must shut down and upgrade all nodes in the cluster to TDengine 220.127.116.11. Rolling upgrades are not supported in TDengine 18.104.22.168.
Upgrading TDengine Enterprise and TDengine Cloud
Contact your account representative for assistance in upgrading TDengine Enterprise or TDengine Cloud.
You can check your current version of TDengine at any time by running the
SELECT SERVER_VERSION(); command.
For a full list of issues resolved in this release, see our GitHub repository.