TDengine is a next generation data historian purpose-built for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT. It enables real-time data ingestion, storage, analysis, and distribution of petabytes per day, generated by billions of sensors and data collectors. With TDengine making big data affordable and accessible, digital transformation has never been easier.
- Timestamp conversion functions: You can now use the
to_charfunction to convert ISO 8601 timestamps to VARCHAR data and the
to_timestampfunction to convert VARCHAR data to ISO 8601 timestamps. For details, see Conversion Functions.
- Improved performance of the
LAST()function now offers higher performance thanks to improved caching techniques.
- (TDengine Enterprise only) Support for views: You can create views to filter or share your time-series data. A view is a subset of data in a table on which you can perform queries or create subscriptions. For more information, see the TDengine Enterprise documentation.
- (TDengine Enterprise only) Incremental restoration of vnodes on tiered storage: In the event of a disk failure on a three-node cluster with tiered storage, the
RESTORE DNODEcommand will perform an incremental restoration from another node. In previous versions, it was necessary to perform a full restoration.
- You can deploy TDengine Enterprise 220.127.116.11 on mainstream Linux distributions, macOS, and Windows.
- You can deploy TDengine OSS Server 18.104.22.168 on mainstream Linux distributions and macOS.
- You can deploy TDengine OSS Client 22.214.171.124 on mainstream Linux distributions, macOS, and Windows.
You can also run TDengine in Kubernetes or in Docker containers. See Supported Platforms for details about the compatibility of TDengine 126.96.36.199 with various architectures and operating systems.
Note: You must upgrade existing clients to TDengine 188.8.131.52 before connecting to a TDengine 184.108.40.206 server.
Upgrading to TDengine 220.127.116.11
Upgrading TDengine OSS
You can upgrade TDengine OSS to version 18.104.22.168 from version 22.214.171.124 or later.
To upgrade TDengine OSS, first back up your deployment by making a copy of the TDengine directory. After verifying that your deployment has been backed up, install TDengine 126.96.36.199 as described in the official documentation. It is not necessary to uninstall TDengine before upgrading.
Note: If you have deployed TDengine as a cluster, you must shut down and upgrade all nodes in the cluster to TDengine 188.8.131.52. Rolling upgrades are not supported in TDengine 184.108.40.206.
Upgrading TDengine Enterprise and TDengine Cloud
Contact your account representative for assistance in upgrading TDengine Enterprise or TDengine Cloud.
You can check your current version of TDengine at any time by running the
SELECT SERVER_VERSION(); command.
For a full list of issues resolved in this release, see our GitHub repository.