TDengine is a next generation data historian purpose-built for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT. It enables real-time data ingestion, storage, analysis, and distribution of petabytes per day, generated by billions of sensors and data collectors. With TDengine making big data affordable and accessible, digital transformation has never been easier.
- Improved query performance: Performance has been improved for queries that include a
PARTITION BYclause whose target is a column.
- Lossy compression option for floating-point values: You can specify lossy compression for floating-point data, which improves write performance as well as compression ratios. FSE and Huffman encoding are both available for this compression method.
- (TDengine Enterprise only) User-based IP whitelisting: You can restrict specific users from logging in to TDengine outside of specified IP addresses or address ranges. For more information, see the TDengine Enterprise documentation.
- (TDengine Enterprise only) Support for S3 storage: You can use S3 storage as a low-cost solution for historical data in a tiered storage scenario. For more information, see the TDengine Enterprise documentation.
- You can deploy TDengine Enterprise 184.108.40.206 on mainstream Linux distributions, macOS, and Windows.
- You can deploy TDengine OSS Server 220.127.116.11 on mainstream Linux distributions and macOS.
- You can deploy TDengine OSS Client 18.104.22.168 on mainstream Linux distributions, macOS, and Windows.
You can also run TDengine in Kubernetes or in Docker containers. See Supported Platforms for details about the compatibility of TDengine 22.214.171.124 with various architectures and operating systems.
Note: You must upgrade existing clients to TDengine 126.96.36.199 before connecting to a TDengine 188.8.131.52 server.
Upgrading to TDengine 184.108.40.206
Upgrading TDengine OSS
You can upgrade TDengine OSS to version 220.127.116.11 from version 18.104.22.168 or later.
IMPORTANT: If you upgrade to TDengine 22.214.171.124 from any version prior to TDengine 126.96.36.199, you cannot roll back to the previous version. Upgrading to 188.8.131.52 will alter your data such that it cannot be read by versions prior to 184.108.40.206.
To upgrade TDengine OSS, first back up your deployment by making a copy of the TDengine directory. After verifying that your deployment has been backed up, install TDengine 220.127.116.11 as described in the official documentation. It is not necessary to uninstall TDengine before upgrading.
Note: If you have deployed TDengine as a cluster, you must shut down and upgrade all nodes in the cluster to TDengine 18.104.22.168. Rolling upgrades are not supported in TDengine 22.214.171.124.
Upgrading TDengine Enterprise and TDengine Cloud
Contact your account representative for assistance in upgrading TDengine Enterprise or TDengine Cloud.
You can check your current version of TDengine at any time by running the
SELECT SERVER_VERSION(); command.
For a full list of issues resolved in this release, see our GitHub repository.