TDengine is an open-source, cloud-native time-series database (TSDB) optimized for Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Cars, and Industrial IoT. It enables efficient, real-time ingestion, processing, and monitoring of petabytes of data per day, generated by billions of sensors and data collectors. With its built-in caching, stream processing, and data subscription capabilities, TDengine offers a simplified solution for time-series data processing.
- Event windows: You can now create windowed queries that are triggered by events – just specify any conditions that TDengine supports, including operations on different columns.
- Indexing on any tag: You can now create an index on any tag, enabling improved query performance when filtering by tag.
- (Enterprise Edition only) Data compaction: TDengine Enterprise Edition now provides the
COMPACTstatement to reorganize your database and remove gaps from deleted or updated records. This can greatly improve storage and query performance on deployments that have been running for some time.
- (Enterprise Edition only) TDengine Explorer: TDengine Enterprise Edition now offers a convenient GUI to make ad hoc time-series operations and instance management even easier.
- (Enterprise Edition only) Local backup and migration: The latest version of taosX included with TDengine Enterprise Edition 126.96.36.199 can back up and restore a TDengine deployment from a local file. taosX can also migrate data from existing TDengine 3.x deployments to TDengine 188.8.131.52, either incrementally or in full.
You can run TDengine 184.108.40.206 on Linux, macOS, and Windows, in addition to Docker containers and Kubernetes. See Supported Platforms for details about the compatibility of TDengine 220.127.116.11 with various architectures and operating systems.
Note: You must upgrade existing clients to TDengine 18.104.22.168 before connecting to a TDengine 22.214.171.124 server.
Upgrading to TDengine 126.96.36.199
Upgrading TDengine Cloud
For TDengine Cloud instances on the Standard Plan or Enterprise Plan, an account representative will notify you of the next scheduled maintenance window during which your instances will be upgraded. Note that if you manually shut down Standard or Enterprise instances prior to the maintenance window, those instances will be automatically upgraded to the latest version.
TDengine Cloud instances on the Free Plan are automatically upgraded the next time they are shut down. You can manually shut down an instance by opening the Instances tab and clicking the Active slider.
You can check your current version of TDengine at any time by running the
SELECT SERVER_VERSION(); command.
Upgrading TDengine Community and Enterprise Editions
You can upgrade TDengine Community Edition and TDengine Enterprise Edition to version 188.8.131.52 from version 184.108.40.206 or later.
To upgrade TDengine Community Edition or TDengine Enterprise Edition, first back up your deployment by making a copy of the TDengine directory. Then install TDengine 220.127.116.11 as described in the official documentation. It is not necessary to uninstall TDengine before upgrading.
Note: If you have deployed TDengine as a cluster, you must shut down and upgrade all nodes in the cluster to TDengine 18.104.22.168. Rolling upgrades are not supported in TDengine 22.214.171.124.
If you are running TDengine 2.6 or earlier, contact the TDengine Team for assistance in migrating your deployment to TDengine 126.96.36.199. TDengine Enterprise Edition customers can contact their account representative for support, and all users can join the TDengine Discord server and request help from the team.
For a full list of issues resolved in this release, see https://github.com/taosdata/TDengine/releases.