Data sharing plays a crucial role in driving digital transformation, fostering innovation, and improving overall efficiency in industrial operations. However, traditional data historians are typically not equipped to share data in a way that meets the needs of modern Industrial IoT applications. Unlike these products, TDengine delivers simple and secure data sharing that makes collaboration on industrial data as easy as sharing Google Docs.
Simple and Secure Data Sharing
Share your data with just an email address and secure your data with fine-grained limited-access control for individuals or user groups, including configurable expiration times, data encryption, and secure access tokens.
- Invite collaborators and stakeholders to your organization with just an email address, even if they are not TDengine Cloud users.
- Control their access to data with roles, user groups, and privilege templates in the full-featured TDengine Cloud user management system.
- Assign multi-level administration roles at the organization, instance, and database level for nuanced administration of larger organizations.
Instance and Database Sharing
Grant developer privileges for an entire instance to quickly give full access to your internal team or grant limited access to specific database resources to specific stakeholders. Enterprises can easily transfer data internally and externally using the TDengine data replication feature.
- Implement multi-level resource permission control at the organization, instance, and database level for coarse- and fine-grained access control.
- Replicate data between databases in any cloud or region with just an instance token.
Authorized Topic Sharing
Easily and securely share only relevant data by creating a topic with user management privileges. Use the power of SQL to create data subscription tasks that aggregate, roll up, or transform your data, and then share the results. You define the data to be shared, and TDengine pushes streaming data to authorized consumers.
- Grant users permission to access individual topics without access to the rest of the organization.
- Create subscription topics that select data from a database, supertable, or from a filtered query, or use SQL to transform data in your subscription topics to fit the targeted audience.