Who We Are
TDengine is the next-generation time series big data platform capable of handling large data volumes with industry-leading high performance and high storage efficiency. It has been well received by the developer community since it was made available under open source license two years ago, garnering more than 19,300 Github stars so far and hundreds of clones on a daily basis. It has also found solid market traction generating rapidly growing revenue for the company. TDengine was founded and is led by veterans in the technology industry with accomplished and proven track records.
With its success so far in the technology community as well as in the marketplace, TDengine team has enjoyed somewhat unprecedented support from 1st tier venture capital firms including GGV, Sequoia China and Matrix Partners, with rapidly rising valuation in recent years. Institutional funding to date has exceeded $70 million. Such support is also strong validation of our vision for a future, where big data will mostly be generated from machines, sensors as well as automation devices instead of user behavior and actions as is the mainstream perception. We have more than ample reason and evidence to believe that we are on a path to success that rivals or exceeds the mega successes in recent years in the open source big data sector.
What We Are Looking For
Enterprise Account Executive – North America
TDengine has demonstrated the viability of its flagship product with 80+ paying customers, with a number of large enterprises among them. It also enjoys the support of an enthusiastic developer and user community. Based on such strong validation we plan to invest heavily in the North America market to capture the lucrative market opportunities and are confident in the fact that our quantum leap in performance and storage efficiency will win over customers effectively. At the same time, we would not want to trivialize the efforts needed and challenges to be faced in such an endeavor. As such, we are seeking several talented and experienced account executives to join our early sales team.
Undoubtably there will be challenges in this position as we are in the early stages of engaging with the North American market, but this is also a ground-floor opportunity for someone to demonstrate his or her sales prowess and be generously compensated both in the short term and the long term.
- Actively engage with upper-market enterprises at both the IT and functional departments.
- Accurately explore and assess sales opportunities and potential fit with our TDengine series of products and solutions.
- Cultivate relationships with various stake holders with each customer engagement, and steer the decision maker(s) toward final purchase decisions.
- When appropriate, coordinate the business aspects of proof-of-concept or other pilot projects before sales contract are signed.
- Maintaining continued relationship with customers after sales to help deliver customer success, as well as to explore upsell opportunities.
- Proven track record of achieving sales success in the technology industry, preferably in the sectors of big data, cloud computing, or open source software.
- In-depth understanding of the customer behavior with complex organizations and methodologies for successful adoption of new technology at enterprises large and small.
- Proficiency in customer engagement to identify pain points and sales opportunities.
- Solid negotiation skills to achieve win-win results for both customers and ourselves.
- Preferably having participated or led the initial market adoption of successful technology products or solutions.
- At least one year experience on pre-sales or sales on OSISoft PI in recent 3 years.
- Competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible work schedule, work from home is preferred
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events